About Me

My photo
A seaside town, South West, United Kingdom
A female forty something divorcee, with two adult children, but basically an intelligent air head, now finding myself in a world I do not understand, and wanting to make sense of the crazyness around me, an avid opponent of all things lacking in common sense - i.e the whole world, but in particular everything produced by the British Media and American come to that. Will be sharing my very confused state of mind and would love to hear from any one who is rational, reasonable and who doesn't believe that all opinions are equally valid!

Wednesday 4 August 2010

Books and films


Just finished reading the Steig Larsson Trilogy, and I'm glad to say that I now have my life back. An amazing read, very compelling and totally unlike any other crime fiction that I have read.

Just bought the blue ray DVD 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' and was disappointed as the actor playing Blomkvist was not nearly as charismatic or sexy as I imagined him to be. The film, (also understandably, due to the book's length and depth) compromised on much of the plot and the development of the characters. The credit to the film, however, was the treatment of the three most brutal and disturbing scenes from the book. Maybe the Hollywood version will do the book more justice, although I doubt it!

1 comment:

  1. Not read the books, but it seems from your comments, that like most film adaptations of novels, this one is set to disappoint. The only film of a book that I've seen which did the book complete justice was 'The Great Gatsby,' starring Robert Redford & Mia Farrow. Simply brilliant!

    ReplyDelete